Saturday, June 30, 2007

My Crazy Life



As you can see my family came up to spend the day with us to celebrate my brother's 22nd birthday. These are my cousin's twins: Luke and Emma. Luke and I are on part of the set that I helped build during training week and where the rest of the program staff runs the shows during camp. Ususally I am in the back running the slides. We just finished up our first week of camp with the kids. I have been working for five weeks: two before the rest of the staff came and three after, but it seems like it has been a lot longer than that. I have been enjoying my time on staff. God has been teaching me a lot of good things and I am excited to see what else he has in store. Some of the highlights have been making a 60 foot blow up whale out of tape and tarp named Doris, getting to know the program team better, and being able to work with my mom and dad. Anyway I am trying to get in all the rest that I can this weekend before more than 200 kids come in tomorrow. This rest has included going into town with my parents and seeing Fantastic Four (a fun movie that I really enjoyed that had some interesting syimagery [symbolism and imagery put together in one easy word] at the end), and helping them buy a new Subaru Outback in a cool orange-red color. (yeah for spontaneous car buying experiences!) I hope you all have a really good week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So THIS is where you were Saturday :( I was told that you were coming to the wedding and was all excited to see you. Nicole Towers was even there and was sad too. I'm glad you had fun celebrating Andy's birthday though. Hopefully I can see you sometime soon!

Geron Leigh said...

Wait, weren't those two just born? We can't be getting that old, right?